Saturday, April 13, 2013

The 2070


Just like the tree standing still without any leaves simply with hope to have them back again at summer, just like fetus clinging in the mother's womb with the hope to see the sunlight someday, just like the caterpillar living with a hope that one day it can somehow be like her mother, here I collect some of the hopes remained deep down at the corners of my tired and fatigued body to dream again.

Yes, I talk about hope a lot. Because I know and I also want you to know that nothing ever happened in the world until someone somewhere was willing to hope. Until, someone somewhere decided to believe in himself again. Until someone, somewhere was brave enough to stand for what he believed even if he had to stand alone.

I don't want you to have a wrong impression that 2070 is a new canvas. It isn't. The sun will rise just the same. The clock will turn just the same. The air will blow just the same. The rivers will flow just the same. 2070 is however a chance to paint over again; this time more care; this time with more wit; this time with more knowledge; this time with more experience.

This year, I want you to go out into that wicked world and achieve what you were meant to achieve. You are not meant to be satisfied with mediocrity. So, don't be. I want you to take the chances. That text you wrote ages ago, this year I want you to hit the send button. That dreams you dreamt ages go, this year I want you to pursue them. That crazy idea you had in your head ages ago, this year I want you to extract it from head to the real world.

This year, I want you to stop worrying about the stupid things. Rightly as said somewhere those problems that take your sleep away are the ones that never come. You may walk with the fastest stride ever but you won't reach anywhere until you have faith in yourself. At times you need to learn to trust yourself blindly. No one understands you the way you understand yourself, not your family, not your friends, not your love. Only you do, and only you can.

This year I want you to  be you. No more masks, no more hiding. You are who you are. There is a lot of pride and dignity in standing out to what you believe. You like that crazy hat, wear it. You like to bleach your hair, bleach it. You like to play guitar, play it. You like Justin Beiber, listen him. Yes, do what you want to. Do what you feel like doing without giving a damn to what may they think. Let them know that this is not their life. This is your life, means your choices, means your decision, means your own world.

Step out of your comfort zone, take the risks, enjoy the ride. I can feel the new year welcoming me. I can feel the new problems on my way to test me. I can feel the new sun lighting my path ahead. I can feel the new dark days trying to bring me down. I can feel new sadness and new sorrows in the way. I can feel new achievement at the end of the bumpy road. I can feel it. I can feel it. Hope you can too. 2070 is going to be our year. I can feel it.

The flat truth is that the old year has died. No matter how the fuck it was, it ended. It is gone. It's a new year now. You know how to play it.

PS: I will take some time off. I may not, will not apparently write for some time. Yes, I will miss you too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just loved reading your articles. Reading your blog feels like a professional writer squeezing heart out of you.
Loved every of your articles. I am hoping to see you soon!! :)

Rajan Gautam said...

great one..bravo!!

Anonymous said...

supa likes... I loved da optimism there... Wud love to meet u as a person nd talk for a while.. Its awesome.

Anonymous said...

Everytime I read one of these, I feel like it's meant for me. haha. You nailed it again.

Unknown said...

amazing samrat :)

Samrat Babu Koirala said...

Thank you all so much!! And would be glad if anonymous people would mention your names as well!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's a complete joy to read ur articles.......God bless you!
Keep writing! Keep shining!
-rj

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons