Friday, April 11, 2014

People's Representative??Really??

"The air I breathe is doped with Carbon of your Mercedes, the air you breathe is purified by air freshener of your AC adding the spice of your flavor. Your shoes boast pitch roads, my slippers cries mud. Your black suit speaks the vulgar language which my cheap t-shirt will never understand. Under your pillow is the bundle of money, under my pillow is photograph of my brother who was killed in your people's movement."

I live in this world where one has to burn candles in night due to shortage of power in the nation. You live in the world where the wires never know what it is to run out of electronic beams.
It is steamy 46 degree in my house. There is a gentle breeze of 22 degree in your guest room singing the song of your triumph of your election results.

In my world, people ride in a congested micro getting stuck in traffic jam at every blink of the eyes. In your world, you ride in your cozy Mercedes guarded by at least five other vans clearing other innocent vehicles with the loud sirens boasting your arrival.

In my world, if people don't work for five days, they don't have enough to eat. In your world, you don't make constitution for five years; you get salary, you get government privileges, you travel in black suits as if you are the atlas of the world.

And How do you even dare to call yourself my representative?

The air I breathe is doped with Carbon of your Mercedes, the air you breathe is purified by air freshener of your AC adding the spice of your flavor. The water I drink is from the filter stored in an old plastic bottle of coke, the water you drink is the nascent water coming out of sealed bottle of mineral water. Your shoes boast pitch roads, my slippers cries mud. Your black suit speaks the vulgar language which my cheap t-shirt will never understand. Under your pillow is the bundle of money, under my pillow is photograph of my brother who was killed in your people's movement.


The old man beside my house, he still has a black stain on his nails. He still hopes that his son will not have to work in the Arab anymore, that his daughter would not sell her body to the strangers anymore, that his grandchildren can go to school, yes the same in which your son goes too. He still remembers the speech you told during the elections. But do you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons